First Day of School 2015

Our First Grader

Our Third Grader

Off They Go!
The boys started school today.  We sent them off bright and early (actually it was still a little dark outside but it was indeed early!).  This is the first year that both boys will be in school all day.  I enjoyed a quiet morning of news watching and coffee drinking and then joined my husband for lunch. 

We ran into a friend at lunch who asked where the boys were.  I told them the boys started school today and she said, "Oh, isn't it so sad when they go back to school?"  I thought about just nodding my head in agreement to be cordial but after a brief moment I said, "I've got to be honest and say that this year...I was ready.  So ready.  So very very ready!"  And in reality, the same can be said of Seth and Colin.  We were all ready for school to start. 

We had a great summer.  Nothing to complain about.  We enjoyed camping, baseball games, visits to and from grandparents, swimming in lakes and pool and even mud puddles.  But towards the end, I craved some peace and quiet.  Seth wanted some structure back in his days.  And Colin, well, Colin just wants to be with his friends again (there is a downside to this idyllic country life...no neighbor kids to play with).

I wish I was the kind of parent who had an endless amount of summer plans that both entertained and educated.  I try to treasure every moment with them but let's be honest, not every moment is one I'd like to remember.  There have been moments of impatience, frustration, boredom, and full fledged meltdowns (not all of them from the boys).  Our boys want to be active...all the time...every day, but unfortunately they were matched with two pretty low-key parents.  We try to provide activities they would enjoy but there's just no way to provide them at the same rate and frequency they would like.  So we've had our moments of learning to be creative with free time and taking on the responsibility of entertaining ourselves.  There was a long learning curve.  We made it but probably just by the skin of our teeth. 

So...welcome school year 2015-2016.  Our family for one is happy to see you!  

1 Response to "First Day of School 2015"

  1. paola castini Says:

    Buonasera…
    per qualsiasi necessità di prestito volete contattare signora MANECCHI che la ha aiutare con 27000€ e questo senza alcune spese in anticipo poiché e chiede un buono numero di prestatore
    ecco sono indirizzo cinziamilani62@gmail.com m