Weekend Recap

We had a lovely weekend, albeit a little soggy. The forecast called for thunderstorms on Saturday and snow on Sunday. We got neither. It did rain for several hours on Saturday but not bad enough to stay inside (as I was hoping).

Friday when I got home from work, there were 6 police cars surrounding the building next door. I quickly went inside, not to avoid the chaos that was sure to follow, but to get the dog so I could take her out in order to get a better look and maybe even over hear what was happening. They weren't talking loud enough and I thought it would be rude of me to ask them to speak up. So instead, I went back inside and perched myself near our bedroom window to observe from above. Everyone seemed very calm, although they did strategically surround the building. A couple drove up and were asked by the officers to get out of the car and they were questioned separately. They all seemed to be waiting for something to happen, or someone else to arrive. I stepped away for the window for just a moment...to grab a snack. Spying on the neighbors can really work up an appetite. By the time John got home there were only 3 police cars and a lady was sitting in the lawn chair on her patio chatting ever so casually with the officers that remained. I was disappointed. No chasing, no yelling, no arrest. We left for the evening and by the time we got back, life had returned to normal.

Friday we enjoyed a lovely dinner party at Jenny's. She made a yummy chicken couscous...perfect for a blistery night. She had a friend from work over and invited us to join them (along with her dad). Her friend retired from AT&T, at the age of 52 I might add...we all wondered how to get on that career plan. It was interesting to hear them talk about the "good ol' days" of renting your telephone from the phone company and being attached to the party line to have the operator connect your call. The three of us under the age of 31 don't even use land line telephones anymore. (It would have been better to use a nice round number there like 30 but then I couldn't be included and it's my blog)!

Saturday we made our weekly trip to see the progress on the house. It was pouring rain but now that the house is sealed up we stayed warm and dry...well, actually just dry. The builder is working on the front porch. We cut down trees from John's parents to use as the porch posts . John's dad de-barked all of them (I don't even know if that's a real word). You would be more impressed with that if you had tried to de-bark a tree. It is hard!




Saturday night we enjoyed dinner with a few of John's coworkers. We cooked but had the party at somebody else's house. That meant no cooking for them and no cleaning for us. It was the perfect party plan. John and I are both lucky enough to work with people who have become our friends. Its not something that everyone gets to have.

Sunday after church, we rented movies and stayed inside the rest of the day. I was in my pajamas at around 1:00 in the afternoon. After my Nazarene nap I watched mindless television, ate leftovers, and worked on a knitting project (which I cannot reveal at this time).

It was a nearly perfect weekend. It was a good combination of relaxing, being productive, and getting enough rain to rinse off my car so I can avoid a car wash a few more weeks.

1 Response to "Weekend Recap"

  1. Anonymous Says:

    How exciting, maybe they were there for you but got the wrong building number.

    To quote my favorite TV show "Bad boys, bad boys what ya gona do what ya gona do when they come for yoooooou."

    Spring