Weekend Recap

The weather was beautiful. We got enough rain to water that garden but not too much to spoil our plans.

Here's the slide show recap...
Friday


For Father's Day we gave my dad a "family night at the T-Bones".

It was "St. Patrick's night" so we got half-price tickets for wearing green. It was a celebration like none other...St. Patrick's Day, Father's Day, AND it was Heather's Birthday! It's like watching a comet that won't be seen for another four hundred years. When will those holidays ever align again!

Saturday

We headed out to Hillsdale Lake for some wave runner fun. Here's my man with a farmer's tan (it's actually a "roofing tan"). The weather was unbelievable for the end of July. Low 80's, no humidity, and a cool breeze.

With all the fun...there's still house work to do. Our drywall work begins this week so we have to clear the front field so the delivery trucks could get through. While John fiddled with the tractor...I took pictures of our foliage. We've had so much rain so everything is big, beautiful, and green.





I went searching in the barn for something to put our garden spoils in and look what I found! I gave it a good scrub and now it's perfect! It would be even more perfect heaping with vegetables but so far one tomato, a few cherry tomatoes, and a pepper have rolled around on the bottom. Here's hoping.

And now for the big news! I checked off another "first" this weekend. My friends will never believe it and to be honest...I can't either. This is so far from how I envisioned my life to be.









I drove the tractor!

It should also be noted that this is the first picture of me doing anything at this house. This is when my husband finally decided to pick up a camera and capture my hard work! He is strangely proud of this moment.

And look what I had to mow down...that's my little head poking out through the weeds.
So there you have it. Another weekend in the books.

1 Response to "Weekend Recap"

  1. Crippdog Says:

    Kim seeing you ride that tractor made me smile. I got a good laugh out of this too.