Wonder of Wonders...Miracle of Miracles

At long last...an update. I've returned from my journey into the ancient world of taking pictures with film. That means that you can finally see something interesting on this ye ole' blog. Thank you for your patience and encouraging words while I have been away.

And now, update number one (there are actually three updates on this roll of film and you better believe I'm going to stretch this out and not give up all the blog fodder - mom, that means topic, subject, material, if you will - in one post!)

In May I traveled to Bar Harbor, Maine for a conference. The conference was mediocre and not worth a lengthly discussion. The scenery however, was lovely. It was my first time to Maine, at least that I can remember.

Picture proof that I was there.



Obligatory picture of a seagull



View from our hotel



We went to a lobster feast. I think preparing to eat lobster is really fun but the actually eating part is disgusting. My co-worker loves the taste but thinks the cracking, splitting, gutting part is a crime against lobsters. So we went in with a plan. I shelled - she ate. It worked perfectly, especially because she spent a good portion of the preparation part of the evening with her head under the table - and I had prime rib.



I'd recommend Bar Harbor as a vacation destination - in the summer. We were there "pre-season" so the water was a little cold and not a lot of the tourist attractions were available. It would be really nice if you were outdoorsy and could split your time between Acadia National Park and the quaint town of Bar Harbor.

Coming Soon in Update Number Two - Father's Day at the Lodge.

1 Response to "Wonder of Wonders...Miracle of Miracles"

  1. Anonymous Says:

    Wow, so beautiful.

    I like the pick of the lobster. it looks like he is trying to tell us somthing.

    spring