Fancy-Pants Taste...Shoestring Budget

With the house well on it's way to being complete...it's time to put things in it. We don't need a lot but a few items here and there to finish off a space or complete "the look".

Here are a couple projects I've been working on. It's amateur work at best but works for what we need. I was pretty happy with how it turned out.

First up...my $7 table. There are a hundred places I wanted a little table. I scoured flea markets and found this beauty.



Okay...so it needs some lovin'. It's okay. I have love to give.



Coat of primer, two coats of paint, and a piece of wood to fill in that hole...

Viola!



It's cute and I like it. I'm still debating it's placement but I'm sure I will find the perfect spot.

Project #2...

I wanted a headboard for our bed but couldn't find one I really liked and with the pricetag I wanted.

"Hey!" I thought, "What about that fireplace mantle in the basement?"

You see...several months ago our friends remodeled their living room. They removed a giant mirror that was over their fireplace (which they also removed). We had the mirror re-cut for our master bathroom. While picking up the mirror, they said, "Do you want that mantle? We're just gonna throw it out on big-trash-day tomorrow." We took it thinking maybe we could sell it at a garage sale or maybe use it someday when we put another fireplace downstairs in the basement.

The wheels started spinning and after many minutes of measuring and calculating, work on the mantle headboard began.

I didn't get a true "before" picture because I forgot. I was just so excited to get started. Imagine this is white instead of primer grey.



We added two painted boards to the middle.





And Voila!



A grown up bed!

3 Response to "Fancy-Pants Taste...Shoestring Budget"

  1. Anonymous Says:

    this is great. I am proud of you! working on old furnature can be trying but wow you made it look great!

    spring

  2. Lucas, Amber, Levi, and Milo Says:

    so awesome!

  3. Heather A. Says:

    I am so impressed! Looks great!