Same Size Cabin in the Woods...With a Woman's Touch!

Here are the long awaited pictures of what has now become our home. Some of them are dark and all of them are rather golden. I took them late last night because for some reason I only think about taking pictures of the house at night. It makes it look warm don't you think?

Sit back, relax, and remember to keep your hand and arms inside the car at all times.

The Entry - (How do you like my chair Aunt Marilyn? I thought of you when I found it! Update - Aunt Marilyn liked my chair.)



The Living Room - Bonus points if you can tell me what's hiding in the bottom left corner of this picture. (Update: Good Job Aunt Marilyn - you were the first to guess. It is a saddle. My parents were borrowing it as decoration for a dinner but it was dusty and cobwebby...so I polished it. I wanted to watch the Olympics so I set it up in the living room. I tried to get it out of the picture but it snuck back in. It's not usually stored in the middle of the living room floor. 100 bonus points for you.)



We used this old ladder during construction...as a ladder. I told everyone to be careful with it because someday it would be a blanket and magazine rack. That day is finally here my friends. Behold!



The Dining Room



The Kitchen



This is one of our favorite features of the kitchen. We had shelves installed in place of a cabinet.



Your Room (Guest Room)



Still in the guest room. These are cool shelves my talented husband built. They appear to be built-in bookshelves. They actually have a hinge and swing in so you can access the attic/crawl space. They're like the secret passage way shelves you see in movies that reveal a room full of spy equipment. We'll probably only have Christmas decorations but it's still cool.



The Loft - we haven't quite decided what to do with this room yet so for now it houses our extra couch.





Master Bedroom



And here's my very talented husband relaxing in the house he built. Take note of that headboard and stay tuned for my first installment of "furniture redo" coming soon to a blog near you.



The Master Bathroom



Here's Sheena relaxing in the house she in no way contributed to.



This completes our tour and we thank you for joining us. Please remember to exit to your right only after the blog has come to a complete stop. We hope you enjoy your day here at The Lodge.

4 Response to "Same Size Cabin in the Woods...With a Woman's Touch!"

  1. Anonymous Says:

    AMAZING!!!!!!! Can't wait to come visit you someday!! Good job to both of you!

  2. Anonymous Says:

    I love it! Girls' weekend needs to be at your house one of these years! You are both so talented and creative. Looks like a comfy home sweet home.
    Christi

  3. Lucas, Amber, Levi, and Milo Says:

    Looks like a saddle to me if I ever saw one...do I get bonus points now? We love your house and Levi says the guest room is a great place to get a little shut eye.

  4. Anonymous Says:

    Elegant Rustic all the way. looks beautiful!!!!!!!!!! You have quite a talent for that

    spring