Visiting Grandparents




On our way to Oklahoma we stopped at Devil's Den State Park for dinner


Seth's first fish that he caught all on his own (we weren't even there to witness).  Still too afraid to actually touch it though.

Grandpa stepped in and hooked it to a fish scale - much better

Colin standing where the river used to run (sounds like a song)

Colin and Molly (the dog) helping Grandpa in the tractor

Seth, Daddy, and Mommy following behind on the four-wheeler

Seth couldn't get enough of fishing on this trip.  We enjoyed a yummy fish fry for dinner one night due to his efforts.
John filled in for the regular pastor on Sunday morning.  This sign amuses me to no end.  It does not seem to amuse Colin at all.


 I was alone in the cabin and ready to jump in the shower.  I pulled the shower curtain back and said out loud, "Well, this is a problem."  No one was home to help so...after taking a picture to prove to John I did it...I scooped it up, put it in a grocery bag, and threw it placed it on the back porch.  He was still in the bag (alive and well) when John and the boys returned.  No one seemed as proud of me as I was of myself.








 Colin waiting for "the shuttle" to a family wedding - that's not a joke


This isn't a joke either

I've mentioned before how much I enjoy watching John's dad hold babies.  Babies love him.  He's not any different with them then he is with anyone else.  No baby talk or coochie-cooing.  I think it's the feeling of calm strength if that makes sense.  You can't help but feel safe.

2 Response to "Visiting Grandparents"

  1. The McKean Family Says:

    I'm proud of you Kim!!! :)

  2. amber Says:

    i love your blog so very much.

    p.s.is Colin now a 7 year old boy????? he looks so big!