Bright Spots

I'm working hard to find some bright spots in our days.  All four of us are sick...and each with something different it seems.  John has a bad head cold.  Colin has a head cold and an upset stomach.  Seth is fairing the best with a minor cough.  I've had a sore throat for five days and feel like sleeping all the time.  And to round it all off...two out of the four of us have had pink eye. 

We are weary. 

I was able to escape for a bit this weekend and did one of my favorite things...shopped at the thrift store and came home with these treasures.



I got some houseplants re-potted and then needed a nap.  But now whoever has snagged the couch as their sick bed can look at this bright cheery red pot.  And someday when I have the energy to do the dishes again, I can admire that cute little white one.

While laying on the couch last night I came up with what I think is a genius idea...a business idea.  Someone should have a business where they provide short-term all-in-one service that includes house cleaning, cooking, running errands, babysitting, and perhaps a little TLC.  They could call it, "Mama's Sick".  You pay by the week and then you could rest easy and recuperate knowing that all those things are taken care of.

Perhaps I just need my mom back in town. 

1 Response to "Bright Spots"

  1. Anonymous Says:

    This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.