Christmas Card Outtakes - 2014

So here's how getting a family picture for the Christmas card played out this year.  I prepped my family (all three men in this house) ahead of time that I was going to make it as painless as possible.  They all despise wearing "picture clothes" and posing in various places and taking several shots for one useable picture. So I tried not to over think it.  I used the timer on my phone camera and we stayed in our own yard at locations I scoped out ahead of time (Bailey was my stand in model).




Then it was time to get the family in the picture.  John had the brilliant idea of bringing out a prop box.  So we'd take a couple "serious" pictures than take a couple goofy ones with well-chosen props.

Take #1:  As soon as I set the timer for the first picture we heard horse hooves quickly coming our way.  Pete made it to the fence in time to get in the shot.  So...we went with it.  He hung around long enough for a few more takes that included Carhartt.  Bailey (who is still very precocious and without boundaries watched from his kennel.   You can feel badly for Bailey but only if you haven't met him...otherwise you would understand completely).

Take #2:  Okay but a little awkward.  Pete still looks like he's photo-bombing our Christmas picture.  
Take #3:  It was at this point that we decided we needed Carhartt in the picture.  But you see, Carhartt is an old dog and not as spry as he used to be.  So we called him to come to us and he did...just not in time to get there before the timer went off.

So on to Take #4:  Carhartt made it and miraculously Pete is still hanging out too.  But now Carhartt looks awkward.  This is when I say, "One more, I think we can get it with one more shot".  And my family lets out a collected grunt.  I am not swayed however.

And that is how we got our Country Christmas Card.

And now for the goofy prop picture.  Pete and Carhartt ran off as soon as these antics began.  And yes...for those with a sharp eye...John is holding a chicken. 
Thank you to all the boys (equine and canine included) for their cooperation and support.

3 Response to "Christmas Card Outtakes - 2014"

  1. Madden Family Says:

    what a fantastic looking Christmas card!

  2. Anonymous Says:

    I love it! Pete is definitely my favorite of the pets...he's got character along with a cool name. He is named after me, right? ;)
    Christi

  3. The McKean Family Says:

    I haven't been checking your blog recently so I'm doing a mass catch-up right now! Love it and love seeing how much the boys have grown!! :) Heather