And Now Please Welcome...

I've been a little blog-curious. I'm fascinated on one hand by what people are willing to reveal to the vast cyber-world. But I'm for any method that brings me closer to the people I care about. I try to keep friends and family updated on the KC happenings but wish I could do it more.

When I get excited about something (good or bad) I tend to write about it. Most of you have experienced the travel logs over the years. Many times my musings come in the form of letters. I've written two letters to NBC regarding their portrayal of social workers on the show ER (one complaining, one complimenting the change...which I'm sure was a direct result of my letter). The KS Highway Patrol Chief was the lucky recipient of my take on their apparent racial insensitivity (wasn't that a fun 12 hour road trip?). CBS yanked one of my new favorite shows and boy did they hear about it! (For the record someone wrote that it was because the show was "too intelligent for the average television viewer." It took a little of the sting out.)

So why blog? To keep my friends and family updated and to give me an outlet to write about things. What to blog about? This I think I'll figure out along the way. I'm pretty sure a "diary" format will scare most people I know. A "stream of consciousness" on most days would look something like this...I need to feed my fish how has he lived this long do they make a pineapple peeler they should...this too could be scary and frankly boring.

So I suppose I'll write with news. I'll write thoughts on things I see or hear or think. Visit often and comment if you'd like.

2 Response to "And Now Please Welcome..."

  1. Anonymous Says:

    Good work cuz. I agree on Love Monkey. That show ruled. CBS sucks.

    Down with the man! Talk soon

    Matt

  2. Kimberly Ann Says:

    Kyle, as you well know...our kitchen faucet could use some attention. Sorry for the shower.

    Cuz, Fight the power and join the effort. They don't care what you think but it'll make you feel better. (cut/paste the link below)

    http://www.cbs.com/info/user_services/info_faq_contact_us.shtml#

    Jenny, Well you weren't watching Love Monkey. :)