Rules of the House

This morning, the boys and I went to the grocery store.  We're gearing up for a birthday party this weekend so we stopped by the store to stock up on party supplies. 

I loaded our purchases into the car, Seth got in his seat and Colin and I left to put the cart away.  I lifted Colin out of the cart and threw him over my shoulder like a sack of...flour...feed...something (let's be honest - I don't throw sacks of anything over my shoulder but you get the idea). 

I opened the car door and said to Seth, "Look what I found!  I found a cute little boy!  I think we should bring him home with us." 

Seth said, "Yea we should.  And we'll call him Colin." 

Colin giggled at our story.  I then said, "Now Colin, there are a few rules you'll need to follow if you come to live with us.  Seth, can you tell Colin the rules?" 

I was curious what Seth would say so I let him take it from there. 

"Colin," he said, "there are three rules and they are very important.  Number one, don't stomp on the floor.  Number two, do what mommy and daddy ask.  And number three, don't make mommy crazy!"

Amen to that!

So far Colin seems to like it here.  I think we'll keep him.


Little Baby Colin - an old picture from my phone


1 Response to "Rules of the House"

  1. Mandy Says:

    Love the story! Sounds like they've been listening!