Snowpocalypse Day...Whatever

The boys were home from school again today.  We were able to make it out of the house though which was a welcomed remedy for our cabin fever.

The roads near our house were still a bit treacherous but once we made it to pavement it was just fine.

First on the list of errands...Colin's dentist appointment.  Seth wasn't scheduled until late March but I had a feeling there would be a lot of people rescheduling after another 10 inches of snow fell in some places yesterday.  I was right and Seth was able to get in too.  Both boys now have sparkling clean teeth and no cavities!  (I took a picture of Seth too but somehow it didn't get saved on my phone).

Look at that huge foot!  I promise the shoes fit his feet, it's just a weird angle I guess.
Next item on the agenda was a quick stop to the grocery store to replenish our hot chocolate supply.  The boys remembered back before Christmas when I promised them hot chocolate when it snowed.  And it stuck. We've done it every snowy day since.  And as you can tell, there have been several.  We're stocked up now and when we came out of the grocery store you'll never guess what was falling from the sky....SNOW!! 

Before we headed home, we burned off some energy at the Play Place.  Coffee for me and general mayhem for the boys.  

Dancing with joy that we're out of the house!
Once home, I worked at clearing off our driveway yet again (which makes it sound like I'VE done it over and over again.  The truth is that this is my first time. But the driveway itself has been cleared off numerous times) and in the process, constructed a tiny little sledding hill on the corner of our very flat front yard.  With the help of an empty dog food bag, the boys slid down "the mountain" for the rest of the morning.


No word yet on whether or not school is cancelled tomorrow...I likely just jinxed it.  Seth says that if you want a snow day you have to wear your pj's backwards, turn around five times before you get in bed, and flush ice cubes down the toilet.  I'm not sure what you have to do if you're hoping for a school day.  Whatever it is I'm willing to give it a try.

1 Response to "Snowpocalypse Day...Whatever"

  1. Mandy Says:

    I can't stand it. WHERE did he get the idea to flush icecubes down the toilet??? Love the post!