My How Things Have Changed

Marriage changes people. Sure, this post is still true. I'm still my own person with my own likes and dislikes. John still does things he did before, despite my wrinkled brow and curious gaze of confusion.

But we're different than we were before.

Exhibit A - This conversation took place last weekend. It should be noted that spending money is...well...not normally John's idea of a good time.

John: So, I've been thinking. I think we should take our refunds and put it in our savings to help pay for construction expenses. But I think it's our civic duty to spend our rebate. I say we split it between us and we can each get what we want. What do you think? Maybe we can mosey over to Ann Taylor Loft and you can start on yours tonight?

Kim: Who are you and what have you done with my husband?

John: You're right it was a bad idea. Forget the whole thing.

Kim: No No No! I'm just saying, if you did something with my husband I would miss him terribly. I can miss him in a new outfit from Ann Taylor Loft though.


Exhibit B - I was working in our garden Sunday afternoon, getting it ready to plant. I know very little about gardening, but I'm learning. Someone told me that horse manure is a good fertilizer. We have lots of that laying around. There was a pile next to the garden edge from last year as a matter of fact. I was kneeling in the mud and it was just easier to pick it up with my hand than get up and get a shovel. That's right people! I picked horse poopy up with my hand! Now, it was a gloved hand and a very dry pile of poopy but still.

John asked me to marry him two years ago today. Since then, he's learned words like taupe, the difference between a-line and pencil skirts, and that coats go in the coat closet. I now know what torque is and the difference between a winch and a wench. I've been dirtier and smellier in the last two years than any other time in my life.

We're different now...and happy!

1 Response to "My How Things Have Changed"

  1. Lucas, Amber, Levi, and Milo Says:

    "The goal in marriage is not to think alike, but to think together."
    Robert C. Dodds