Penance as Promised

Okay, this is a practice in discipline as the rain and cold continues. But a promise is a promise so here we go...

1. I did in fact get that hug as soon as my husband got home.

2. I met with a family this afternoon who was charming and kind and didn't ask me for anything. They just appreciated the chance to visit with someone while their daughter was in the hospital.

3. In three weeks I will be here:



for a conference...but there will be plenty of time for an ocean-side stroll. I think this adds another state to my list of places I've been. I don't recall that I've been to Maine. It's always fun to add to my "have visited" list.

4. I am blessed beyond measure. There's no denying that. No matter what life throws at me, I am a fortunate one.

5. Bonus item - tomorrow night we'll be here:



It was a Christmas gift from my parents (which included a free night of dog-sitting "without complaint" - yes, that was actually on the gift certificate). So they'll be watching this one.



The rest of the menagerie can take care of themselves.

So there you have it. A much cheerier post on an equally soggy day. When did Kansas become the new Oregon?

3 Response to "Penance as Promised"

  1. Anonymous Says:

    i wish it was Oregon. it is so Beautiful the rain brings life

    Spring

  2. Crippdog Says:

    What happen to the dog? It's like she stuck her paw in a light socket.

  3. Anonymous Says:

    Hey, just so you know we are enjoying a 67 degree day today and the sun is not supposed to go away for a few days....in fact it is supposed to be in the 70's all weekend!! I'm so excited!! I guess that is kind of mean to tell you about, so I guess I should mention it has been raining for weeks until today. You should come visit us in "not raining any more" Oregon!! :)
    Love ya!
    Heath