I Bless The Rains Down In Africa...

Monday, July 17, 2006 8:22 PM by Kimberly Ann
I just wanted to let you know that we are home safe and sound from our African adventure. Stay tuned for further details (with pictures). Right now I'm having a hard time keeping my eyelids open. When we arrived in Kansas City this morning I set a goal to stay awake until 9:00pm...and now my new goal is to only nap once before 9:00pm. I'm a model of self-discpline.

Here are a few pictures to tide you over...

4 Response to "I Bless The Rains Down In Africa..."

  1. Anonymous Says:

    Welcome back! Glad to hear you're home safe and sound. And that you are referencing Toto lyrics with your eyes half closed. That song has one of the most lyrically awkward/cramped lines I've ever heard... you know the one: "As sure as Kilimanjaro rises like Olympus above the Serangetti" fitting into a spot reserved for like 3 syllables or something.

    Anywhoo, welcome back once again and I'm looking forward to all the details (and pictures).

    Tim "blog withdrawal symptoms fading" James

  2. Anonymous Says:

    welcome home!! Can you check Africa off of the list?

    can't wait to hear about it,
    Amber

  3. Anonymous Says:

    btw-
    is that Heather in the background of the third picture- just hanging out watching people lay block?

    -AD

  4. Anonymous Says:

    Hey now, I was supervising the block pile! (How in the world could you tell that was me!?)

    We did find a mamba slithering among the blocks the next day...good thing I was on a break at the time :)

    -HA