Excuses Excuses...

Okay, so things are a little busy. I could give you a list of excuses but thought I would instead give you the slideshow version so you could see what I've been doing all this time.

This is the part of wedding planning where things start to get really fun. Places are reserved, flowers and food are ordered, pictures taken, service planned...not it's time to get this party started.

First up...My first Bridal Shower put on by my friend Hilary. We had so much fun. My mom got me "something black and sexy"...her words, not mine.

The house has finally been moved and to celebrate, John and I went to our first "date" restaurant. "Date" is in quotes because it's still up for debate whether that first dinner was a date or not. He asked...I said yes...I got a nervous stomachache...he opened doors for me and paid for dinner...sounds like a date to me!

Nevertheless, there was no confusing this dinner as a date. I had had quite the week at work and to pull me through, I thought about the molten lava cake I would have for dessert (the inside is gooey, chocolate splendor)...oh and spending a lovely dinner by the lake with John.


Then it was off to Portland, Oregon for some girly fun with my college friends. As a gift to me these girls flew me to Portland for the weekend. We did all the typical girl things like nail painting, and outlet mall shopping, and staying up way past our bedtime.

It was so great to see them and I'm thankful for such great friends.

So there are my excuses. Pretty good ones I think.

5 Response to "Excuses Excuses..."

  1. Crippdog Says:

    Sounds like you had an awesome time. I have one question "The picture with the marina in the background what lake is that?"
    Signed
    Tim "just curious" Crippen

  2. Anonymous Says:

    cute boots.

    Amber

  3. Anonymous Says:

    That's Lake Lotawana. Nice huh?
    The boots are perfect. When you're branding and vaccinating cows in a muddy corral you have to have waterproof footwear.
    So I reckon it was important that Kim get these sooner or later. Luckily her savvy mom took care of things.

  4. Anonymous Says:

    What a bunch of hotties at the beach! :)

  5. KT Says:

    What restaurant is that? It looks good!