Speaking of...

Sorry for my blog absence lately. Here are a few updates on life around here.

We finally closed on the sale of our condo. Yeah! I was a little sad to leave "my first home" but it's made a little easier when I remember why.

Speaking of leaving, I was also sad to leave my roommate of five years. We're both excited about the days ahead but it's the end of an era! There's a lot to go through together in five years. Happy things like getting a dog...getting new jobs...graduating from grad school...meeting our muscle-neighbor and asking him to move furniture as much as possible. Sad things like break-ups...losing friends...and killing spiders. Sheena misses her (I do too). We're both moved out and getting moved in to our new "eras".

Speaking of moving, I'm snuggly tucked into my 1 bedroom apartment. It's pretty tight quarters but I'll make due. I'll be here with my dog until November when John will join us (in 44 more days!) I already say things like "our" apartment and "we" bought a new entertainment center. It's not really on purpose...that's just what comes out of my mouth.

The apartment itself is not bad but I have nicknamed the complex, "party cove". I've only seen one person that appears to be older than me. The first weekend I counted about 60 cans of beer (that's cumulative...3 cases here...4 cases there). And there's the noise level to go with it. It's acutally pretty quiet when I go to bed but then the bars close and everyone comes home using their "I'm-loaded-and-I-cannot-control-my-volume" voices. This will make me appreciate my house in Spring Hill all the more.

Speaking of the house in Spring Hill, here's a brief update. The old house will be moved no later than next Monday. We'll then be able to get started on digging the basement and pouring the foundation for the new house. Well, we won't but someone will. John has done a great job in coordinating contractors, schedules, loans, etc. I'd much rather plan a wedding...it's a lot less stressful.

Speaking of weddings, 44 days to go! Plans are coming together and I'm checking more and more things off of my to-do list. I was even able to stay home last night, sit in front of the tv with Sheena at my feet, and not worry about what's not getting done. My mom has been a big help. It'll be a fun day for us and hopefully for everyone else.

Speaking of everyone else, I hope you are all doing well and will continue to check back often despite my infrequent posts.

1 Response to "Speaking of..."

  1. Barrett McLain Says:

    So, are you saying that you've found cases of beer in your apartment? YOU'VE counted 60 cans from one of your parties. I would not share this with John. I will help keep this our "little secret". By the way, I am so happy to be in barn!