Up to Date

Here's an update on what's going on here. For you locals...you can ignore this post if you want to and instead check out this website to tide you over. Who knows, you just might learn something.

Wedding plans are well underway and very much under control. I'm not feeling overwhelmed by the process.

I attended the Bridal Spectacular a few weekends ago for one reason and one reason only...50% off tux rental. I made my way to the Men's Wearhouse booth (click here to build your own tux...the fun never ends here in Chatterbox World!). I arrived five minutes after they opened the doors. I would have been there earlier but I was delayed by the other 100 brides stopping at every booth to sign up for every sweepstakes they could. At one point I eyed a formal wear booth with four men in tuxes doing a choreographed dance routine. I rolled my eyes and kept walking. I found the booth I needed and was greeted by five men (also in tuxes) who simultaneously said, "How are you?" I laughed, "Fine thank you." "You're here just for this aren't you?" one man asked. "Yes, where do I sign." I was out the door in 15 minutes with my receipt to receive 50% off all our tuxes.

House plans are moving right along. John is working very hard. There have been a few overwhelming moments but there's a lot more involved in house moving, planning, building, etc. than there is in picking out centerpieces for a wedding reception and making sure our invitations are delivered on time. They're supposed to start digging the foundation there today. Once the house is moved, put back together, and connected to water, electric, sewer...we'll put it on the market and the crowds will stand in line for the chance to move right in. I just know it!

Here's a pic of the house in its current state. This my friends is love! When a man will split his house in two for you...that's when you know! (the garage is straight ahead. One half of the house is to the left of the hole in the ground. The other half is on the right.)




We have to move this house in order to build our new house. After looking at lots and lots of floorplans we came up with a list of "must haves" and "don't wants" and I think we did well. It'll be 3 bedroom 2 1/2 bath with a large kitchen, vaulted living room, and someday a finished basement. I love it! It will be awhile until we can see it in person but we're headed in the right direction.

My condo is still on the market. We've had a few people interested but nothing solid. We've still got plenty of time. And besides, the longer I stay here...the better chance I have of not moving back in with my parents. Don't worry...I didn't just hurt their feelings. They feel the same way! There's a reason 30 year olds should not live at home and it's not because we don't love each other.

Anyway, there's an update on life here. And for the hometown crowd...I'll be back to regularly scheduled programming soon.



2 Response to "Up to Date"

  1. Anonymous Says:

    Definitely overwhelming at times but Kim has been very supportive through all of the setbacks and delays. When I get discouraged from dealing with contractors or bankers or city officials, she is always there, always calm, and she believes in me.
    That's love too.

    And when we have a house we hope you'll come and see it. In the meantime - Welcome to our humble hole!

  2. Barrett McLain Says:

    Sounds like Kim has it all under control. Does John have any say about what's going on in this relationship?


    By the way, I accidentally erased John's phone number, so I have to call you, Kim, to get John's number. Just wanted to let John know why I'm calling his woman again.

    By the way, since John's house is in 2 pieces, does that make the full bath a "half bath?" Ok, that was bad. I'll go take my meds.