My Birthday Surprise

I returned home from Chicago on Saturday afternoon to a wonderful birthday surprise! My husband had recruited the help of some of our friends to get this house in order. I pulled up to the house and immediately knew that he had been hard at work.

The wood pile in the front yard was gone. The rock pile on the driveway was gone. The concrete/drywall chunks in the bathtubs were gone and the tubs sparkled! The drywall dust all over the floor upstairs was gone. The tools scattered here and there were gone. I saw my kitchen counter tops for the first time since they were installed.

I cannot express the relief I felt that so many things on our "to-do" list were finished. These people put in many hours of work and were no doubt very tired (I know the feeling). It was a great gift.

We are not officially moved in, although most of our belongings are. We have some electrical work to get done before we can get the official "permit to occupy" but that did not stop us from having a sleep over on Saturday night (don't tell the inspector).

Behold the beauty!











John got me a sleep number bed for my birthday! It's awesome. Get one!

A big thank you to....

Chad and Katie, Kindra, Thea, Spring, Forest, Alex, Darren, and of course John.

2 Response to "My Birthday Surprise"

  1. Anonymous Says:

    It's beautiful! Happy Birthday!
    :) Christi

  2. Anonymous Says:

    Looks wonderful, how's the guest room coming along?
    Love, Heather :)