Catching Up - Preschool Graduation

Seth graduated from Pre-K.  I was more choked-up about it than I thought I would be.  The kids performed the story of the Pout Pout Fish.  Seth was an octopus and said his line ("Hey Mr. Fish let me tell it to you straight.  Your hulky bulky sulking is an unattractive trait!") perfectly.  After the diplomas and t-shirts were distributed everyone lined up for refreshments.  I cried all the way to the chocolate fountain.  Which seemed fitting given my current emotional state.  I soothed my soul with various chocolate covered goodies.

Seth getting his diploma and t-shirt
Happy faces all around


Seth (the tall one) with a few other classmates

Seth with his best buddy Braden.  Every day I 'd ask Seth what he did in school that day.  Almost every day the answer was "Played with Braden"  I'm sad these two will not be together in Kindergarten.
All year Seth has been asking to ride his bike to daycare.  It's a 13 mile drive so we've always said  it's too far.  That didn't stop him from asking.  "I can do it daddy!"  

Today was his last day of Preschool and daddy was able to map out a safe and steady route.  They left early this morning.  They stopped for water, snacks, and breakfast and made it to school in 2 hours.  Total distance traveled (by a five year old and his daddy)...12.8 miles.  Amazing!

Mommy and Colin picked everyone up after school/work and Seth got to choose where to go for dinner.  McDonald's play land of course.  I thought he'd be dragging a bit, maybe a little less talkative than normal.  Nope...same 'ol Seth.  Lots to do and lots to say about it.  I was very proud of his accomplishment.

2 Response to "Catching Up - Preschool Graduation"

  1. Anonymous Says:

    I'm crying! What an awesome Daddy to ride bikes to school! Too often we (I) tell kids "no" when a "yes" would be better. Kudos to John who showed Seth he is heard and loved. What a fun memory the whole family will share!
    Carrie

  2. Debbie Diesen Says:

    I ran across your post and just wanted to offer my congratulations on the pre-K graduation. Sounds like your son did great with his octopus performance!

    Best Fishes to you and your family,
    Debbie Diesen (author of The Pout-Pout Fish)