Funny Things the Boys Have Said...The Olympic Edition

This is the latest installment of funny things I want to look back and remember someday.  For previous installments see here and here.

We've been watching a lot of the Olympics at our house.  We cheer loudly when Ethiopia wins.  We used to cheer loudly when USA won but I think the novelty has worn off a bit.  Here are a few funny moments straight from our living room.

1.  During the men's diving competition the commentators announced the Chinese diver.  Seth turned to Colin and said, "Colin, China is really good at diving.  They always win."  Colin gasps and walks over to me.  In his best tattle-tale-tone he says, "Mommeeee,  Seth said China!"  "Yes he did,"  I say.  "Mommeeee, we can't say China it's a private word."  After some explanation from me, he settled back down to watch the competition.  But every time the commentator said China, Colin quietly giggled to himself.

2.  The boys have both enjoyed watching Usain Bolt from Jamaica.  They laugh at his antics before he gets ready to race and at his dancing when he wins.  Here's a picture of Seth "bolting".  After one particular race the boys were waiting for some dancing and Usain did not disappoint.  They laughed and laughed and laughed.  Seth let out a big sigh, doubled over and said, "Oh that guy, he cracks up my heart!"



3.  We caught a bit of the rhythmic gymnastics competition this morning.  The boys were watching from the playroom (that looks down over the living room).  Rightfully so, the boys had a lot of questions about why they were dancing with balls and hoops.  Seth, who tends to think he knows everything, told Colin that it was a contest for princesses.  "These princesses dance around and get a score from the judge."  Colin says, "Like Mommy?  Mommy's a princess!"  Seth responds, "Yea, but Daddy's the queen!"

Oh Man...these boys make me laugh.

2 Response to "Funny Things the Boys Have Said...The Olympic Edition"

  1. Anonymous Says:

    OK...Grandpa had to read everything past #1 because these boys crack up my heart too. I always cry when I laugh so hard. Love these boys!

  2. Anonymous Says:

    I love reading your guys' sayings. Don't stop posting; more, more! (Should I be afraid to admit here that I enjoy rhythm gymnastics? Maybe I'm a princess too ... ?). ~ Aunt Cindy