Just About Ready


Someone is excited for school to start.  Supplies have been purchased.  We have new shoes and new clothes (which of course we're not allowed to wear until the first day of school).

The smell of new school supplies brought me right back to my childhood.  I loved getting new school supplies as a kid.  The feel of crisp notebook paper, the smell of a new box of crayons, and the never-been-used #2 pencils.

Shopping for school supplies as an adult...not so fun.   The aisles are crowded.  The shopping list is very specific.  I walked at least 2 miles searching the store for an 18 oz. bottle of hand sanitizer...never found it.  And I had to keep hiding all the supplies with Sp0nge B0b from Seth.*

I successfully hid my angst and Seth seems just as excited as I did when I was a kid.  I called my mom on the way home from the store to tell her we survived shopping for school supplies.  She responded, "isn't it awful?!"  So apparently she hid her angst well too.

Ready or not...Kindergarten here we come!

*Seth has never seen an episode but he's human and therefore longs for what others have, even if he has no idea what it is.

3 Response to "Just About Ready"

  1. Heather McKean Says:

    The boys are getting so big!! School already...how did that happen??

  2. Heather A. Says:

    I just love this kid!

  3. Anonymous Says:

    He's getting big fast, but his backpack still looks almost as big as he is. He's so handsome. ~ Aunt Cindy