Weekend Away


We're back from a weekend at the In-law's Retreat Center. Okay, so it's not exactly a retreat center but it serves as one for me. John and I spent the weekend visiting his parents in Nashoba, Oklahoma. Here are a few highlights and pictures.

Calls on my cell phone: none
Emails to answer: noneAppointments with architects/builders/florists/photographers/caterers: noneDecisions made about carpet/appliances/invitations/wedding music: none
Nights of peaceful slumber in this lovely cabin (under construction) by the pond: two

Hours spent on this pond for my first ever attempt at fishing: no idea...that's the beauty of it!

Size of my first fish: See photo! Oh Baby!
Hours spent napping on Saturday afternoon: not sure but it felt great
Calves born over the weekend: one...oh so cute!
Ticks removed from skin (so far - I'm still looking): two...but as John says, "Any day I didn't get a tick growing up was a day I must have not done anything fun."
Fish cleaned after my first ever attempt at fishing: Are you kidding? Let's not push it folks!
Chance to get away and spend time with two lovely people I'm happy to have as my in-laws: priceless

1 Response to "Weekend Away"

  1. Anonymous Says:

    Dang, Kim... Food, Fun, Fishing, Flowers, Folk music, you did it all. Congrats on that fish, my lands you are the master angler, aren't ya! Some people are just born with it I guess. Keep looking for those ticks, they can be pesky little buggers. Oh, and I dig the red text too. Nice touch.

    Tim "that's a sweet picture of them there flowers" James