I Won!!!

I watch the Today Show every morning while I get ready for work. Actually, I listen to the Today Show from the bathroom every morning while I get ready for work. I heard about a contest where you could "win a day with Matt Lauer". I entered thinking it would be fun to spend some time in New York. The Matt Lauer part was cool but it was more about spending the day in New York.

Anyway...I WON!!!!!

They booked me on the next flight out and off I went. I didn't even have time to tell anyone I was going. I got off the plane and was greeted by a limo driver holding a sign with my name printed on it. I hopped in and we drove through the city.

Matt lives in a highrise building on something like the 36th floor. I wasn't really paying attention. Anyway, he opened the door and said, "Hey! Welcome! Thanks for coming. My wife has left instructions and phone numbers on the kitchen counter. We really appreciate you doing this. We should be back around 2 or 3."

"In the morning? What? Where are you going?" I ask.

"Yes. Is that a problem?" He replied.

"Yes, it is."

And I woke up. I'm not about to babysit Matt Lauer's kids. What a rip off contest!

2 Response to "I Won!!!"

  1. Tim James Says:

    Congrats on your non-trip, and for not accepting the responsibilities of the not-offered non-interaction with a non-non-celebrity.

    By the way, what is this "Today Show" you speak of?

    Tim "non-sense" James

  2. Anonymous Says:

    That is hilarious!! I love it! (And I'm glad you're not too into Matt Lauer. Yuck.) -- Gina Grate