New Level of Obsession

My name is Kim and I'm a freezer pop addict.

It all started in a land far far away. On our last day at the work site in Africa we passed around the box of freezer pops. We had to get rid of them so everyone had two, three, four freezer pops a piece. One in each hand at least.

When we landed in Kansas City it was a million and one degrees outside and we've only had a few days of reprieve since then.

My answer to the heat wave...freezer pops! A box of 1000 costs what...$3.00. They are all I can think about when I'm driving around in my hot car or when I'm walking across a parking lot that would probably cook the bottom of my feet if I didn't keep moving.

John caught me eating one right after the other a few days ago. "Weren't you just eating an orange one?" he said. "Yes, don't judge me!"

But last night it happened...I reached a new level of my addiction which has caused me to realize that I have a problem.

I consumed two freezer pops (purple and green)...okay fine it was four (purple, green, red AND orange)...all while tucked snuggly in my bed.

I know!!! It's an illness. I'm seeking the advice of professionals.

3 Response to "New Level of Obsession"

  1. Anonymous Says:

    are you sure the freezer pops aren't spiked? :)

    jenny

  2. Tim James Says:

    Some may say the bedtime snack of freezer pops is a sure sign of a "too far gone" situation, but there is hope. Don't ask me how I know this, but there is an FPA (Freezer Pops Anonymous) group that meets at Unity Temple on the Plaza Thursday nights at 7:00 in the PM. It's a mere 12 steps to freedom, my friend.

    Tim "can't stand ice anymore" James

  3. Barrett McLain Says:

    Yes, I suppose this could be an issue. Were you holding one in your left hand, one in your right hand, one in your left toes, and one in your right toes? Oh, and that "spiked" idea does have merit, too.

    Funny, was that Tim James wearing a wig and dress at the FPA meetings? I knew you looked familiar...

    Barrett "I was dressed as Abraham Lincoln if you didn't recognize me" McLain